As we get older, our health becomes a more pressing concern. It happens to everyone. Many older people will need some help, whether it be from family or professional in home caregivers. However, not all seniors necessarily need serious medical help but simply want to have a companion to talk to and do things with. Nova Home Care & Staffing offers senior companion care services to keep your loved one company and to do basic everyday tasks around the house. If you choose Nova companion care for your loved one, you’ll know you are providing them with the best care available
What to Expect From Our Senior Companion Care Services
Everyone needs companionship and all of us could use a helping hand every once in a while. These things only become more true as we get older. Isolation is a common cause of poor emotional and physical health for seniors. For seniors who live alone but want to maintain a generally independent lifestyle, companion care is the perfect solution. It also allows family caregivers respite and relief from constant care and gives them the peace of mind knowing their family is being looked after by a professional.
Some of the basic services involved in companion care include:
- Light Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation
- Grocery Shopping & Errand Assistance
- Assistance to Doctors Appointments or Therapy
Safety, Injury Prevention and Reassurance
- Fall Prevention
- Ambulation & Transfer Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Helping with Activities & Hobbies such as: Reading, Gardening, Cooking and more.
- Home Health Care Services tailored to the individual’s needs.
What Are The Benefits of Companion Care For Seniors?
The biggest benefit of senior companionship is that it improves the quality of life of seniors. Companion care services go beyond just caregiving to creating a relationship that can help seniors thrive. Having someone to share their time with and be able to express problems they are having or feelings they’re experiencing is a huge mental health boost that will translate to their physical health as well. On a personal level, a quality companion is someone that the senior can not only look forward to spending time with and doing things with but also is someone on which they can rely. Older people worry about many of their challenges that for you and I might be very small such as going to the grocery store or transportation to and from doctors appointments. Companionship helps to remove the worry and burden, so that seniors can focus on living a quality life.
Companion Care Services For Seniors With Specific Medical Needs
While companion care is often utilized for seniors who simply need someone to talk to and interact with when they live alone, companion care can also extend to medical care services. Some of the specialized home health care services we provide at Nova Home Care include:
- Mental Health Care – Mental health care services can greatly improve the lives of those who suffer from mental health conditions.
- Diabetes Care – The goal of our diabetes care program is to enhance the well being of those with diabetes by helping with day to day needs.
- Overnight Home Care – Overnight care is for those who need assistance during the night, and is commonly used for individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Non Medical Home Care – In situations where you can care for your loved one most of the day but need someone to stay with them as you go to work or run errands, non-medical home care is a service that offers flexibility
- Disability Care – Our primary goal will be to help individuals with disabilities perform tasks that they cannot easily do themselves or ease the burden of tasks that would take up lots of their time.
- End of Life Care – This service offers crucial support to you and your loved one during the end of life process.
- Palliative Care – Palliative care is a type of specialized medical care provided to those who are suffering from a serious illness.
- Post-Operative Care – Post-operative care (commonly called post-op care) is specialized rehabilitation by a medical professional to ensure healing goes smoothly.
- Hospice Care – Hospice care is a specialized type of care for those who have life limiting illnesses or those that are terminally ill.
- Memory Care – Memory care is a specialized type of care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or varying degrees of dementia or memory related issues.
- Respite Care – Respite care is relief from caregiving duties when a loved one requires constant care.
- Skilled Nursing Care – With extensive training, our nursing staff is prepared to provide specialized care for any of our clients.
Senior Companion Care in Monmouth County and Ocean County, NJ
If a family member, friend, or loved one enjoys living in their own home and enjoys their independence but could use a companion that can help with tasks around their home, contact Nova Home Care & Staffing today. The skilled nurses and home health aides in the Nova team can guarantee that your loved ones get the care and attention they deserve. We are fully accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Home Care and offer our services in locations throughout New Jersey, including Monmouth County and Ocean County.