According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 30 million people in the United States suffer from diabetes, and seniors are affected the most. This serious condition, whether type 1 or type 2, can prevent serious health concerns and challenges. The experienced caregivers at Nova Home Care are here for you or your loved ones in order to manage the effects of diabetes and provide whatever help we can.
Benefits of Diabetes Care
While the primary task of diabetes care is checking and keeping an eye on blood sugar levels, there are many other things a caregiver can do to avoid diabetes complications and emergencies. Some of the tasks that a Nova home care team member can do include:
- Make sure to check blood sugar levels regularly – it can be tiresome to keep up with blood sugar levels, so having someone to encourage frequent checks is helpful.
- Keep documentation of blood sugar levels over time and make sure recommendations from the doctor are followed (glucose levels are too high or too low)
- Quick to action if a diabetic emergency occurs
- Stay on top of scheduled medications and medication management
- Plan and prepare well balanced meals designed specifically to combat the problems caused by diabetes
- Help make doctors appointments and transport to and from these appointments
- Encourage proper foot care and make sure you or your family member wear weather appropriate clothing
The goal of our diabetes care program is to enhance the well being of those with diabetes by helping with day to day needs, while also allowing them to retain the freedom and independence that comes with staying in their own home.
New Jersey Diabetes Care Services
If you or a loved one are living with diabetes and could use help in your day to day life, contact Nova Home Care today. We provide high quality home care services to those living in Monmouth & Ocean Counties and the surrounding areas.