In-home care allows your loved ones to get help without having to leave the comfort of their own home or sacrifice their independence. At Nova Home Care & Staffing we understand that having a family member taking care of your loved ones may not be enough. If a higher level of care is required, and you wish to remain in your home avoiding a hospital or nursing facility, our skilled nursing staff can provide that care.
What is Skilled Nursing Care?
Skilled nursing care is a high level of medical care that must be provided by licensed health professionals, such as registered nurses (RNs) and physical, speech, and occupational therapists. These services can be necessary over the short term for rehabilitation from an illness or injury, or they may be required over the long term for patients who need a high level of care on a frequent or constant basis due to a chronic medical condition. Examples of skilled nursing services include wound care, intravenous (IV) therapy, injections, catheter care, physical therapy, and monitoring of vital signs and medical equipment.
Our Skilled Nursing Care Staff
Nova’s Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) or Registered Nurses (RNs) are able to offer advanced healthcare that a family member or Home Health Aide may not be qualified to administer. With extensive training, our nursing staff is prepared to provide specialized care for every individual client.
General Skilled Nursing Care Tasks
Some of the advanced medical tasks our skilled nursing care staff are trained and certified to perform include the following:
- Diabetes Management
- Medication Management
- Wound Care
- Tracheostomy Care
- Ventilator-Dependent Care
- Infusion Therapy
- Pediatric Care
- New Mother/Baby Care
- Family Respite Care & More
- Continual RN assessments of client’s care and needs
Skilled Nursing Care Services
The skilled nurses at Nova Home Care are available to provide care for all types of healthcare situations. Some of the specific services we provide include:
- Mental Health Care – Mental health care services can greatly improve the lives of those who suffer from mental health conditions.
- Diabetes Care – The goal of our diabetes care program is to enhance the well being of those with diabetes by helping with day to day needs.
- Overnight Home Care – Overnight care is for those who need assistance during the night, and is commonly used for individuals with Alzheimer’s or dementia.
- Non Medical Home Care – In situations where you can care for your loved one most of the day but need someone to stay with them as you go to work or run errands, non-medical home care is a service that offers flexibility
- Disability Care – Our primary goal will be to help individuals with disabilities perform tasks that they cannot easily do themselves or ease the burden of tasks that would take up lots of their time.
- End of Life Care – This service offers crucial support to you and your loved one during the end of life process.
- Palliative Care – Palliative care is a type of specialized medical care provided to those who are suffering from a serious illness.
- Post-Operative Care – Post-operative care (commonly called post-op care) is specialized rehabilitation by a medical professional to ensure healing goes smoothly.
- Companion Care – For seniors who live alone but want to maintain a generally independent lifestyle, companion care is the perfect solution.
- Hospice Care – Hospice care is a specialized type of care for those who have life limiting illnesses or those that are terminally ill.
- Memory Care – Memory care is a specialized type of care for those suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or varying degrees of dementia or memory related issues.
- Respite Care – Respite care is relief from caregiving duties when a loved one requires constant care.
Whether you need scheduled nursing visits or hourly care, our services are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to provide the support you require. If the services provided by a skilled nursing staff member seem above and beyond what your loved one needs, our Certified Home Health Aides may be a better choice. Contact us today to discuss your needs and help improve the situation for someone you love.